Saturday, October 6, 2007

A Long Weekend

So after a crazy "weekend warrior" weekend as some of my friends like call us wedding photographers. I feel some what revialized with my wedding work...knowing everytime I get out and shoot another one I learn something new. I learned more about my 14mm wide angle lense and the limits that I can push it to. I learned to see my own style and how to slow down what I see happening around me. I don't nessecarily have to pose anything but I do have to ask for things to happen again...or to keep looking one way or don't move away just because you think you are in my way. People don't realize that I am composing the shot around them even if they are out of focus in the foreground to frame what is going on in the background. My friends Jessi and Matt got married this weekend and the above shot is from their wedding. It has been an amazing pleasure getting to work with Jessi and Matt for their "Love Story" shoot, Jessi's Pre-bridals at Lock Ridge Park and they allowed me entray into their special wedding day to capture the day the only way I knew how. To the end of the night. I'm exhausted, today I worked my day job at a portrait studio and went to do a "photo booth" at a wedding for Douglas Benedict http://www.douglasbenedict.com/. An amazing photographer who I have been very grateful to have had the pleasure of meeting and getting to photograph weddings with this year. It has enabled me to stay involved in the wedding industry and even more so in the photography world as a whole. Over all a good weekend...tonight I am going to sleep and rest up for the next round of photos which will hopefully be tomorrow with my best girl Eileen and her puppy dog "Tank"! YAY for Photography! and capturing memories at the speed of light!

No comments: