Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Weekend in NY


So I was fortunate enough to get to go to NY this weekend for a good friends birthday and photograph around the city. I did what I would consider a lot of "from the hip" shooting and playing around with my 14mm lens, something I have become quite attached to. I love the colors and saturation in this photo. I really like the way I have been seeing light lately too. Unfortunately my day job, a local mall portrait studio does not leave me much room for creativity outside of the fixed lighting scenario. Never the less I thrive in those "outside of the box" situations when I can be consumed by my own work and creativity. I will just about crawl on the ground if it means seeing the photo or the angle just a bit differently. I have a few more crazy photo sessions coming up in the near future which should allow me quite a bit of versatility to let my mind explore and see what new ideas I can come up with and push the envelope with. I have still been working on the "trash the dress" idea. However, Christmas and children's portraits have put that on a bit of a hault as well. But I will be sure to keep you updated! Stay well and be blessed!

No comments: