Saturday, April 12, 2008

Washington DC








This week I had the privilege of being able to visit our nation's capital with some of my favorite people, my friend Brandon and my friend Jim. We walked all of the monuments that we could in the center of town. My goal was to photograph some new places, faces and spaces. It was a great way to revive the senses while providing photography tips for Jim, as he was working on an assignment for his new photography class. It was a wonderfully sunny, warm day that made you want to do anything but go back inside.

Take a moment to smell the roses every once in a while. Even if it means taking a day off of work to do so. You never know what you might find. Or you might just wish you were the bird splashing around in the fountain in the WWII memorial that I found.

Either way just don't forget to live!

Kate







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Olá.
I´ve made a search on the web, about painting, drawing and photography, and i have found your blog that i´ve find very interesting, i like very much the way your art is made, and i´ve seen your photos and i liked very much, i hope to see in the future more works.
I am from portugal, and i have a blog about, drawing, painting and photography to share ideas, you can visit me at:
www.arteesentimentos.blogspot.com

José Filipe / 20-04-2008

Anonymous said...

Hello Kate.
Thank you very much for your comment, you are right is amazing how art can transcend space, time, and distance, the internet is like a kind of magic.
I make photography and painting as an hobby, because i have a job in another area, but every free time i´ve got, i´m trying to be better in painting and photography.
What inspires me is the beauty and the contemplation of nature, the places i like, and all related to the sea, i always lived near the sea.
I only travelled in europe, i know very well my country; i travelled to spain in várious occasions, to england and france.
I have made one painting exhibition on 2007 with some friends, you can visit it, on:
www.arteesentimentos2.blogspot.com
Feel free to visit my blogs anytime, you are always welcome.
See you soon.

José Filipe / 25-04-2008
www.arteesentimentos.blogspot.com